Wednesday and Thursday
Days at home - F got ill with a 24-hr thing which came on Wednesday afternoon - high fever and sofa-bound, needing a lot of looking after and feeling generally crap. I read her lots of My Secret Unicorn and she watched Lady and the Tramp and listened to Dr Who audio stories, mainly The Last Dodo.
Before the fever came on she had painted her Dalek and Tardis - starting with the 'proper' colours, she then decided that was a bit boring and went for a finger painting extravaganza of green, yellow and white. Something about it made me call it 'eco-warrior style', so then I had to explain what 'eco' meant, leading to a good conversation about what is good for the environment and bad and why it's difficult to be entirely 'good' and things we can try harder with, etc. She was fascinated that my generation hadn't really been taught about it at school and I told her about when I joined Friends of the Earth at 18ish and talked about some of the things Greenpeace has done.
At some point she drew pictures of Dr Who characters with 'bones' - lots of criss-crossing on them - Cassandra, K-9 I think (very impressed by D's remote-control K-9 on Tuesday), Cyberman, Dalek, not sure what else.
I had lots of work to do as well as housy stuff, but couldn't do it very easily on Wednesday - Thursday was easier as she didn't feel so rough, just tired - more able to do things - watched a lot of Shaun the Sheep, listened to more Dr Who, managed to play a bit for short periods, with ponies or Cube World. She watched 'A Grand Day Out' and 'Curse of the Were Rabbit' - she has names/captions for all the photos of W&G shown on their living-room wall at the start, so she was saying those: things like 'Together'; 'Cross with you'; 'No!'; 'Happy again'.
On Thursday she also drew an instruction sheet for making a 'stage' that she wants to make for her favourite soft toys - numbered diagrams with pictures of scissors (she now has some left-handed ones as birthday present from a friend), sticky tape, glue, etc. We might manage to do this next week, as she seems to have a specific plan for it.
Both Wednesday and Thursday nights, neither of us got much sleep at all, though, so brain not functioning well now. Wednesday night F watched 4 Dr Who episodes on and off through the night on the sofa while I worked, and we went to bed at 5am! She still didn't sleep then.
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment