Tuesday, May 13, 2008

At home today with electrician here to start installing shower, an epic of many stages, involving coordination of plumber and electrician. We can't wait to have a shower and I'm sure, if you know us in real life, you can't wait for us to either. Especially now we have the Wii Fit. I'm addicted to that thing (I may have mentioned this before). I don't get that many chances to go on it, but every time I can, I do. Current favourites are ski slalom, rhythm boxing, the stoooopid penguin iceberg game and many many more. I find yoga really hard, but like doing it. Similar story with the muscle stuff. Aerobics and balance games I find easier and just enjoyable through and through. F did lots of jogging today and a bit of yoga.

We popped to the park for a couple of hours at 'after-school' time, to meet Katya, Ria and Belle after ages of not seeing them. It was a bit sad that F didn't want to play with R (R is a lovely quirky kid, mischievous, lively, bright spark - school hasn't squished her into anything like conformity and I so hope it never will - she wears a boy's uniform, has never been into girlie stuff, goes her own way, is full of life and fun). F played with B instead and they had a lovely time, went right over the other side of the park, to K's consternation. Left them alone, they wandered back after a while. Iris was there with her two as well, so R had C to play with. Also saw neighbour A and neighbour M with their respective pairs of children. So that was a lot of social packed into the two hours. If I'd ever thought that home-edders can be overly concerned with socialization, it was interesting to note that Katya and Iris were certainly no less so, dissecting the minutiae of children's recent interactions to the nth degree.

F has been playing with her Ponyville ponies, they are having birthday parties and stuff, with elaborate preparations (lasting much longer than the party) conducted by two teams - one for 'decorating' and the other for 'cooking'.
Talked about why the paddling pool had been able to be blown over the railing (that would be because it's full of air so very light for such a large object). Other interesting conversations but I keep bloody forgetting them. I need to note them down as they happen or hang a dictaphone round my neck. Oh, one was about wishing that she could see one child of a pair of siblings without the other - she wondered if they would always go everywhere in pairs and was describing the resulting dynamic in which someone always gets left out and that person quite often minds and then you always need to play compromise games to fit everyone in and she doesn't much like that. She also did a 'washing out recycling' job to earn some money, watched some Scooby Doo and played a bit of Animal Crossing.
I've got work again after a scary dry week - turned out my main contact was away! Phew.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I simply can't do all the yoga stuff, it's impossible. And our lounge isn't big enough for some of the muscle stretch-out-behind-you type exercises (that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it). Love the Steps and the hula hooping, and the balance games are fun too. wondering how long the candle burns for on that sitting game!

Anonymous said...

very very pleased to hear that last bit!!

a said...

Thanks Liza and thanks for listening to me fretting yesterday. It's much appreciated.
I love the Steps too Sarah - haven't unlocked the sitting game?