Friday, May 16, 2008

We had a day at home without any electricians. In the morning I worked and in the afternoon we played Wii Fit, DS and XBox, which was exactly what we both wanted to do. It was a lovely relaxing end to the week. I've unlocked snowboarding now and F has a candle to sit in front of. F is generally quite wobbly at the moment, her difficult leg is tired and she keeps knocking things over. But when she went on the Wii Fit, she managed to find her centre and keep her balance really well. Clever clever piece of equipment.
I did quite a bit of step and rhythm boxing today and felt well-exercised. I have discovered that I actually really enjoy exercise if it's not boring and I don't have to go to a particular place or wear particular clothes or do it in front of a group of strangers. Who knew?!
I feel great doing Wii Fit, I laugh until I can barely get back on the board, when I lose the plot in the step games. It just makes me giggly. Same with the boxing - today I unlocked the Advanced level and, at first, I couldn't get the patterns at all. I was doubled up giggling as I did the opposite of what I was meant to be doing. God, I wish PE could have been like that.

We took delivery of a cinema for the Ponyville ponies, which we spent some time investigating. F played with her ponies and their stuff for a couple of hours in her room while I was working. I could hear her singing and talking away, constructing situations and conversations. I love that.

At 6ish, we walked up to J's work to meet him, then I went on to the cashpoint to get money for the plumber, who is coming either tomorrow or Tuesday (so, er, that'll probably be Tuesday then?). J and F walked back through the graveyard (sounds spookier than it was, lovely views going down the hill).

I'm away overnight tomorrow - a big girls' night out with some different Internutters. Really looking forward to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wiifit sounds fun, no fair i want a wii *sob stamp sniff*

have fun on your night away!

Sarah said...

I'm not sure what that sitting candle one does, I've never been able to sit till the candle's burnt down to the bottom, please tell me if you find out before me!

I love wii fit too, esp. the step and rhythm boxing! Haven't done it all week though and ate all the wrong food yesterday so I suspect it will tell me off whenever I go on it again!

alison said...

The headers one always cracks me up. Being hit in the face by a football boot! Too funny!

Kirsty said...

loving wii fit here aswell. Really glad I decided to take the plunge and get it. Helps that I've lost 2lbs since starting it according to it (only on 5th day)!! Unlocked rhythm boxing yesterday too which I love. Shall play more today.

Am so rubbish at the heading one!

a said...

Rhythm boxing is definitely my overall favourite.
Come and see Liza, soon