Thursday, May 15, 2008

Electrician was here today again finishing off the shower installation and doing a few remaining small jobs. I got to the stage, early in the afternoon, where I just felt fed up with having someone here and tools everywhere and noise. Luckily he's a really nice guy, so it could have been worse and was really quite bearable. Nevertheless, when he packed up and went, I was really glad LOL. He completed phase 2 of shower installation. The plumber is coming on Saturday morning to implement phase 3 and then the electrician will come back again early next week for phase 4. Phase 5 will be one of us actually having a shower!
So, while he did sparky stuff, F did a bit of DS, a bit of Wii Fit, watched most of a Land Before Time film, contemplated future My Little Pony acquisitions and played with existing ones. She was excited to get a postcard in the post from K's daughter A - thank you A!
The electricity was off for much of the day so I didn't get much done really. Did a bit of Wii Fit - I love the Rhythm Boxing most at the moment. F has the Snowboard Slalom now and I'm looking forward to trying that when I get it.

As the electrician was going and we were working out when he could come back for phase 4, he mentioned his holiday. Later F wrote a beautiful letter to him, all her own idea and spelling! She wrote that she was going on holiday too and she hoped that he would see 'this' - the 'this' has an arrow pointing to turn the page over and on the other side is a picture of a dolphin, sea and sand. She put it in an envelope and wrote his name on the front. Already her spelling is improving quickly. She seems to use a mixture of remembering seeing words and sounding them out. Her memory is a big asset, as she seems to remember quite a lot of the short but hard words like 'you', adding to them over time, I guess from bits of reading in DS games mainly. When we're out, she is still sounding out signs, so works out names of companies, which are quite reliant on sounding out, in some cases, as they aren't familiar words - she worked out 'Omnico' the other day!

We were going to do outdoor picnicky stuff tomorrow with the FFFs but the weather seems disinclined to approve, so we will probably have a proper day at home, without the electrician this time.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

really glad the postcard arrived and glad the double country stamp didn't confuse the post office!!

Enjoying all your blogs at the moment, seems like all is going well for you all.

a said...

It was great to see the postcard. F was quite jumpy up and down about it.
Things going OK at the moment.