Monday, May 12, 2008

Really nice time at group today. Sat outside with F, she wanted to show me how to play her MLP DS game! As we played, with her 'teaching' me, we were gradually joined by several of the other adults. F drifted off to play now and then, and came back, 'taught' C and L (other adults there) whenever they let her, and me some more too. Had a packed lunch with us, it was nice to sit out there and chat. Made some arrangements and had some ideas for coming weeks.

F wasn't much in the mood for playing with the other children today. It's tricky because I can see she gives off a mixed message to them - one day she might seem really keen on someone as a friend, then another day she's just not interested! She hasn't yet done any super-loyal best-friending - I think this is probably quite normal for her age and I'm sure she will in time. She very much likes to play on her own at least some of the time, so she can see other children as a bit of an interruption, as they don't tend to want to fit into her game. Other times she is keener on a bit of social and will abandon her own ideas to join in someone else's game and fit in if necessary. And far more rarely she engages with someone on the same level, where both can contribute suggestions and ideas for the game, and accept each others'. At this age, they are all learning how to get on and how to play together, I suppose.

Back home, J was home working, so F and I watched some 50/50 on i-Player, then went for a quick walk while J was doing dinner. She scrambled up the slope by the goats' field and climbed up onto the base of an old tree that all the kids climbed up when we went for a FFF walk. It was cool to see her do that, she loves clambering about. Bumped into neighbour with her dog and her mum's dog, after already having seen her cat. Then, saw her dog again (this time in their garden - lane goes behind the back gardens) and finally her cat again, popping into ours for a visit.
F and I played Animal Crossing for her bedtime thing, she visited my town and I gave her a flying saucer to take home. Not sure if that worked.

2 comments:

Allie said...

It's been so lovely to get outside, hasn't it?
I thought of you yesterday when local news showed a pic of your home town looking gorgeous in the sun.

a said...

It's beautiful - come out here and we'll take you on a walk! And do bubbles again