Thursday, May 08, 2008

In the morning I watched The Apprentice on iPlayer, out in the garden, then had a bath. F joined me for watching some of The Apprentice and so we had quite a few pauses and conversations about Morocco, the concept of 'kosher' meat, manners, cheating, business practices, etc. Right in the middle of one of these chats we spotted a great tit very close by, so I Googled to check that that's what it was. The local squirrel also appeared, popping along the fence to where next door have a feeder up. Or it may have been an entirely different squirrel of course.
After my bath, we got ourselves organized and headed off over to Nic's for the afternoon, pausing at the local shop to buy ice lollies on the way, where the postman caught us and gave us parcels! A mostly lovely time was had at Nic's, with the odd less lovely moment - F had some kind of tummy trouble going on, but nothing major. We were able to hold the chicks, who are all very chirpy and busy-looking. Nic distracted F very successfully from some wailingness, with pizza-making.
Nic gave us a lift back, which was much appreciated, and I got a proper go on the Wii Fit before dinner!
In Brighton tomorrow with some FFFs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming - lovely to see you both :)
I am certain it is the same squirrel. For ages when he was tiny D had a pigeon that we'd see everywhere, including home up north and down here when visiting. It was 'your pigeon' and I think we all half believed it was the same one everywhere lol

a said...

Of course it is the same squirrel. I know that, you know that, but some people reading this may be cynical types, you know?
Awww - D's pigeon, like that idea.

Unknown said...

"in the middle of one of these chats we spotted a great tit"

Which of the Apprentices was that then? ;)

a said...

ba-da boom tish!