Monday, April 18, 2005

And social again!

Glorious weather today. Anya and Louis (blogonyms) came over and the kids ended up playing with mud and water very happily on the patio as we watched from the almost-too-warm conservatory (we call it a conservatory, though we have friends who refer to it as the lean-to, which is more accurate!). It had been so long since we saw them that both us mums exclaimed at the other's child's growth spurts. These children, they just grow grow grow. It was lovely to see them enjoying splashing water about together. They still don't much play together with most of their toys, but this they could share. Nice to see Anya too, with a big bump, due in June.
Social weekend we had too - on Saturday Geoff and Steph (really bad blogonyms) came over and J and F went back with them to theirs for a while. I went on a mission to Homebase, bought a spike to get the rotary dryer back up, and then to the library, to pay large fine that turned out to be actually very reasonable given the extent of my sins.
On Sunday we met Ant and Carly and their children Richard and Emily (desperate blogonyms)from the Big Town and went to a pub garden and then to a nice big green space where the children ran around. It was interesting for J to see evidence of F being gregarious, as she played with Emily and another little girl for a while at the pub garden. She is also very confident about wandering off, talking to adults, etc.
HE is mainly happening in an as-it-happens way, as for instance when she asked me this morning what colour 'the hearts in people's bodies' were (as opposed to decorative heart motifs). I stuck out my tongue to show her the particular shade of red I imagined it to be, and said I would find her a picture later maybe. We talked a bit about the different internal bits of bodies doing their jobs (processing food, air, etc.). I love these short conversations she suddenly launches us into.
She loves the science bit on Education City, sorting out natural from man-made, sink and float, which things go where etc. She quite likes the letters and sounds stuff, but not so sure about the numbers.
Tomorrow we are going to Gymboree, we used to go a couple of years ago or so, and though there were things I didn't like about it, the equipment is just so irresistible, and great from the physio point of view, so we're going again for a while. See how it goes.
I'm still feeling a bit unsettled and haven't got any work at the moment.

No comments: