Friday, April 15, 2005

Flat grey blahs

Having a blah day here, it's rainy, I'm apathetic. F is in good spirits, though.
Yesterday, we had Katya, Ria and Belle over (blogonyms). Had a great time, all of us, I think. Ice-cream was involved (vegan raspberry flavour delish). And an end-of-day pop to the park too. Katya and I had a good laugh about all kinds of stuff, really enjoyed it.
But today is flat and grey.
F did some words and sounds stuff on EducationCity this morning, I was amazed several times that she knows the letter that makes the sound (she got p, d, t, f, b, c and I think a few others, quite confidently when asked which letter of three possible choices makes the sound). She hasn't got the knack of hearing the sound at the start or end of the letter much yet though, but I think it's coming. I really enjoy doing EducationCity with her though, more than I did StudyDog or Headsprout really. I think the format of sets of 6 questions is really good. Sometimes she'll only pop into one section and do 6 questions, sometimes she'll do several sets and different sections too. I'm leaving it entirely up to her to explore as and when she wants.
She's been playing Wallace and Gromit on the XBox a lot this week, on and off, seems to have developed her 'technique' a bit there, really seeing her persevere and learn how to do difficult bits.
And that's what she's doing now, so I think I'll go and join her on sofa with cup of tea and try to banish these blahs.

No comments: