The much-awaited and hardly-dared-to-anticipate new laptop has arrived. Thanks to J for sorting it finance-wise. And so I'm blogging from the sofa! And looking forward to spending most evenings doing that and similar, with nice glass of wine, in comfort, and also being able to work faster (if I ever get work again, she says in paranoid freelancer self-pitying fashion after no work for about all of one week).
Anyway, it's here, I'm wireless and comfy.
Yesterday we went to Gymboree. F really enjoyed it on the whole. The equipment is always great, but those Gymboree people are sooo shouty! And I do loathe the little bits of American franchise corporate Ronald McDonaldiness that it's embellished with. But although the man taking the class was sometimes way too loud (I had to explain to F that he was just loud shouty and not cross shouty), he was good with the imaginative stuff. They all joined in enthusiastically in pretending to be in a forest, finding teddy bears, having a campfire etc.
I kept looking at one of the other mums for ages as she seemed familiar, then realized where I had met her right at the end. When F was about 9 months old or so, we bumped into this woman with her baby daughter in the park a few times and bonded over both our daughters having problems (her daughter Yolande was in a hip cast for months and months) and attending the same physio department at the local childrens' hospital. It was lovely to see that her little girl is also doing really well from all her physio and is able to run and climb at Gymboree, just like F.
I really noticed the 4-yr old within coming out again yesterday with F, she was just so much easier to take on the train and into town, there were times I could relax and enjoy it, instead of worrying that she was about to leap into the road, or out of her buggy, or off the train!
Back later, have to do some stuff now.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment