Yesterday I hardly did any childcare at all, I think. It was J's turn to get up with F, then I went out on my own like a grown-up, to a pub at lunchtime for a friend's birthday, caught up with a few old friends which was lovely. Funny too, as it was over 2 years since I'd seen some of them and so someone who had been on his own last time I saw him, now had a partner and 15-month old child! And when I came home we watched The Aristocats, which is the only Disney film I ever saw as a child, so I'm quite fond of it. F seemed to enjoy it too.
I'm trying to get fit, it's very boring so I'll avoid blogging it too much. I'm overweight, and it's affecting my life. These days whenever I walk for anything longer than 40 minutes or so, I get painful seized-up feet later in the evening, and I've always walked everywhere so it's time to sort it out.
Well, now that I've covered my social life and health aspirations, maybe it's time to think about vaguely educational and F-oriented things.
Well, she's definitely changing, in terms of being more helpful, for instance, J and I have both noticed it. She went through a phase a while ago when for a few months her default response to anything we suggested or asked was to reject it in favour of her own ideas. Healthy but annoying, I would characterize it as. Now she seems to have got to a point where she can consider other people's input again a bit more, though of course her own ideas are almost always best.
Just realized the time, will have to finish this later.
OK Later: She still seems to vary in age between 1 and 6 throughout the day but I've got used to it now, so I'm better able to show her I love the baby as well as the 6-yr old. I found it hard at first because I have to admit I prefer the 6-yr old. But I've got better at this, now I understand it a bit better. I feel she's definitely doing the 'catch a glimpse of approaching maturity and scare myself and run away from it as fast as possible in the opposite direction' thing.
Just been interviewed as a referee for a couple I know who are hoping to adopt. I was able to give an honestly glowing report. They will make great parents if they get the chance, and a child/children somewhere will have 2 lovely mums.
Things we have done recently: rubbings with paper and crayon, starting with her big green lego base, hoping to move on to some other items. This was entirely initiated by her again: 'Mummy I need paper and crayons and my big green lego base'. I am loving being a facilitator, it suits me down to the ground.
Education City free 5-day trial, as spotted on June's blog. I think we're going to have to subscribe, it just looks too good.
Garden stuff.
And other things I can't remember (sorry seem to have filled up blog with non-HE stuff and can't remember more HE stuff).
Oh I know F made a nice card for one of her Grandpas, again I was just facilitator, asked for specific materials, asked to write specific message, etc. Great, and we posted it, as I actually had an envelope and a stamp in the house.
Monday, April 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment