Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another quick one
Had a nice time at my mum's. F had a few strops but was mostly on good form. We went for a couple of short walks of the 'which way shall we go now' variety, exploring locally, but she had a bad foot from treading on something sharp the other day, so didn't go anywhere far. She played in the paddling pool (without water!), watched Enchanted and loads of Tracy Beaker, did some DSing (Animal Crossing), played on my mum's exercise bike and jumped around like a mad thing a lot of the time. She slept really well - went to bed late but went off to sleep easily and woke up at a reasonable hour. Think she's growing again, all the signs are there.
I didn't take my laptop so I did lots of reading of this and this - both very enjoyable books. Have still got a page-turny thriller to go, might get to that at the weekend. Working quite a bit this week now to make up for it.
Just planted some things in the garden and in pots - carrots, rocket and some plants that should have a big sign on them saying 'As seen on TV co-starring with A.G."
Plus another few sunflower seeds for F to try and look after - she'll get there in the end...

1 comment:

alison said...

I enjoyed Steep Approach to Garbadale, but I didn't think it was very original. Seemed too much like The Crow Road crossed with something else - The Business perhaps. My favourite Iain Banks is Dead Air, I think.