Friday, April 04, 2008

F has been talking about Viva Pinata a lot. On the way back from swimming we discussed the mythological or other status of the Chewnicorn and which pinatas/animals were predators/carnivores, etc. She's quite interested in those classifications at the moment, so we have talked a bit about omnivores and herbivores. She's also interested in puns and had to explain them to Dozy Mog the other day.

Other things we've been doing/talking about: we voted to decide which way to go home. She and I both voted the same way, but then she suddenly introduced Dozy Mog's vote and Fuzzy Mog's vote, which evened it up, despite the fact that they were both at home. Negotiation ensued and was all quite interesting.
What else? She did fine in swimming, but is a bit stuck I think, not managing to move arms and legs in coordinated way.

I feel pleased that we set off for swimming early enough to allow us to really dawdle and chat on the way. Need to remember to do that as often as possible when we're going out. Just because F can walk quite fast now, doesn't mean it's the best thing to do. Today I feel we really had a good amount of time together talking and listening in an unhurried way, and her mood and attitude at the end of the day reflected that - calm and happy. Need to make sure that continues. She really wants to talk, ask questions about social stuff, explore how people work things out, all that kind of thing.

No comments: