Quick round-up.
Yesterday F and I went over to a friend's to take her nice food things and DVDs as she is ill. She lives almost exactly on the opposite edge of town, so it was quite a walk - pleased that F didn't moan at all. We did diversions to buy ice lollies, which made it longer but pleasanter - it was a much warmer day than I'd expected.
It was nice to see S, and F behaved well, only getting a bit noisy now and then. She did a few drawings and a tiny bit of writing while we were there. S is the writer who takes the writing days that I go to - a very warm person - really encouraging. I hope she will manage to rest and get better.
What else have we been up to? Playing Animal Crossing! We played on someone else's DS last year but I didn't get into it. This time round, starting from scratch we're enjoying it much more. I might have to get my own copy...
F is currently having a Pixarfest and is on Toy Story 2 right now. We haven't adjusted well to the hour going forward and she has been up late a lot. I guess we'll get there. J has also been working late, over in Hastings, so it's been a funny week all round.
Sent my invoices off on Monday - that's the end of my seriously fierce working period, which began last summer. When February's money and March's money come in, this month and in May, it should enable us to get some essential electrical work done, get the shower installed, buy a trampoline and swing, sort out fencing at back and get loads of crap taken away to the dump.
F is continuing to pursue social/emotional development relentlessly! When we are watching a film, if I laugh at something, she always asks exactly what I'm laughing about, even if she thinks she knows. And she also frequently asks, after we've had a conversation, 'what did you think I meant when you said that?' etc. It's a bit hard-going!
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I often get asked, "why is that funny?" and it is tiring to explain. It's odd how the humour dies with the explanation!
Warmer weather is fab, isn't it? Really smells like spring today.
Post a Comment