F spent most of today making a very big book - close on 20 pages of drawings I think - to tell a story about some My Little Ponies. At the end of the day she declared that when she grows up she might do that for her job - make books - but she added that she wouldn't do it with machines apart from a stapler and would do them her own way. She is definitely into making books and telling stories a lot these days.
Apart from the book, she wrote a few words, copying them really well from things that caught her eye and trying to sound out a few too, though she has trouble with that - she gets most of the consonants but the vowels are still sometimes a bit of a mystery, in terms of which sound goes with which vowel.
Lots of cuddles with F today. Last night when I went into her room before going to bed myself, I found she was lying on her back with her legs folded up knees to her chest and ankles crossed, pretty much as she would have been as a baby inside me. Her face looked very 'baby F' too.
I had a ridiculously lazy day, blissfully! A long soak with a magazine was the highlight! Was an easy food, toast, burgers, chips kind of day so easy all round.
Tomorrow, I will probably undertake a shopping trip with or without J and semi-mobile F. Already looking forward to Dr Who too!
Nice to have the long weekend, am really enjoying it.
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment