Sunday, April 08, 2007

Garden girl

In the morning, after doing her best 'spoilt' impression by wailing 'I want a pen' for a short while, F came into our bed and told us about a scary dream she had had in which somebody had blood on their mouth and a king wanted to kill her daddy. This led to a conversation about kings and queens and the royal family. Then she brought a comic in and did some puzzles which involved a bit of writing of letters in the right places and then wrote some My Little Pony names in it. I read her a story from it, then it was time to get up.
She watched some Lizzie McGuire and something called Little Einstein. Then played Marble Blast and attempted to understand what bank loans were on the back of a conversation J and I were having.
She counted up to 40 with her eyes shut, no idea why. I tried counting in twos but she glared at me.
I went shopping on my own! Successful mission (cheezly of course, and other food items, wine, unicorn books, wool, canvas (for rugmaking) and a few other bits and bobs) and brought back pizzas for us all. Then we watched Genevieve, having to explain how old everything was and that the old cars were 50 years older than that even.
Then F went out in the garden for a bit - she is getting back to normal mobility, takes a long time, but she managed the mini-trampoline and the swing today, not to mention clambering up and down the steps and pouring water on the slide. She made a point of saying how much she had enjoyed garden time, when she came back in.
We watched Dr Who. I enjoyed it but J and F were less than impressed with that episode. At bedtime, F 'read' me her most recent book, which tells the story of a My Little Pony in pictures.
Tomorrow we have Grandma Ju coming in afternoon for a few hours, then J's mates G and P in evening for Indian food and a film.

No comments: