My turn for a lie-in and I took full advantage.
After I got up, chocolate and sugar ducks were distributed in various directions and consumed or stored for later - had really delicious vegan champagne truffles that J had bought as a secret treat for us. Very very good. From Booja-Booja. I gave F 2 new Secret Unicorn books, which I am sad enough to be looking forward to reading to her.
Grandma Ju came and added to the mad stash of items with more chocolate, a hoodie and a skirt and a little bag and we had a salady picky-bits and ciabatta-type lunch out in the garden. J put the table and chairs out and we decided not to even bother clearing the patio as we don't currently have a broom! F is reclaiming the garden over the last few days and it's helping her to get even more mobile I think.
Then a short walk out to see the goats including a few poohstick experiments on the bridge over the stream and then back the shortest way to avoid pushing the foot of trauma too far.
F then showed grandma all the recent books that she has made (Ariel Ride, Dream Adventure, Sharkboy and Lavagirl and My Little Pony) which grandma seemed suitably impressed and interested by.
F is now eating houmous and avocado toast and watching Shaun the Sheep.
Well she was, but now she's gone to see her dad in the kitchen and engaged in some bubble-blowing activity I think.
We have some friends coming over tonight for Indian food and a film I think, which should be good.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's been OK but still quite isolated with F's immobility - I got quite fed up with it a few days ago, it's been so long what with chicken pox and then this - getting better now, had Nic round today so feel a bit more like some kind of normal life is possible.
I had those exact same truffles. They were so lush!!
God they were! Wish we'd had two lots
Post a Comment