Monday, April 16, 2007

Busy times

Things that have been happening here

F put on a show for me, which went like this:
Dozy Mog: waaaaaaaaaaaaah
F: you can come out now Dozy Mog
DM: waaaaaaaaaaaaah I not come out
F: it's OK to come out now
DM: as long as... there's no.... S... I... L
F: Dozy Mog, I promise there's no S I L
me: What's S I L?
F: he's trying to spell 'water'

watching and recording and watching Land Before Time films
F ringing Grandma Joy and having little conversations
Going over the plots of the My Secret Unicorn books and working out who was in which book and who knows that Twilight is a unicorn and trying to put them in order
F went for a short walk to the goats and back with J
I caught up with Dr Who yesterday, enjoyed that one
F told me 'imagine if I had an extra eye on my forehead and another mouth on my chin and extra hands on each arm and when I grew up I had 3 boobies, but only 2 babies' so we had some fun with that scenario! She wasn't sure where her chest stopped and her tummy began so we talked a bit about parts of the body.
F copied the map of the Little Mermaid ride on the DVD features disc, studying it at length and in great detail, which involved a lot of pausing the disc and considering how the view of the ride related to the map.
We played me being her and her being me for ages today, which involved a lot of giggling and culminated in her making herself a houmous and sweetcorn sandwich which disintegrated because it was too 'flippy floppy' and apparently was then a 'salad'. She ate it all and I cleared up the few bits of sweetcorn that got distributed by the flippy floppiness.
Dozy Mog trying to say the alphabet but starting at the wrong end
F played with the ancient VTech thing that next door girl gave her, typing plurals in with quite a bit of help.
F played Barbie Horse Adventure a bit
F played out in the garden quite a lot, especially on the swing
F drew in one of her books a bit
F had a bath and dictated some Incredible Journey story to me, which I wrote in a pink book with purple felt pen
F asked if Mrs MT works and what she does and 'so why does she have a laptop then?' so I had to explain that laptops aren't just for work and that I talk to people on mine and play games and write things and look at things and buy things and all sorts of other stuff.
F's foot still aches when she has to do serious walking so still not quite back to normal but getting there now
I have a big chunky job for Friday and am really pleased about it

No comments: