Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Cheshire Cat's smile

Forgot to blog that F dragged me out into the garden one night recently after it had got dark to 'come and see the Cheshire Cat's smile' - the new moon looking exactly like it!

Tuesday
started with F being a unicorn, Twilight, from the My Secret Unicorn, and jumping around on our bed.
I read her a book called The Incredible Book Eating Boy that we found down the side of the sofa. She was alarmed at first in case the books were going to eat him back but they didn't. Also the picture of him with lots of books in his mouth was a little discomfiting.
I rounded up all her books that she has made recently and other pages of writing/drawing and gathered them together in anticipation of being able to put them somewhere sensible.
Later in the day she made a number of phone calls - to my mum, to me on my mobile and to S, which was exciting! Mrs MT and I YIMmed vigorously in preparation and then watched/listened. Can see the teenagers ahead, but hopefully a few more years of comparing levels of Barbie Horse Adventure and My Little Ponies before then...
Other than that, she was mainly out in the garden, swinging and playing with sand, poking at piles of leaves and observing woodlice.
She watched a recorded 'Grand Designs' with us at tea-time - she likes the virtual model bit best - and listened to a Dr Who CD at bedtime.
And she told me, a-propos of nothing much, how to spell 'pop', which was nice.
That was it, I think, apart from a bit of Zookery.

Wednesday
I was up before F, because she had woken at 6am and gone back to sleep, though not before waking J up by chatting loudly with Dozy Mog.
She did more garden stuff, including having a tea-party out there, with Dozy Mog and Fuzzy Mog. She wanted me to take part too, but I just don't much like the pretend tea-party thing, especially when there's only 8 inches of space and damp grass is involved, so I just visited instead, this time. I don't mind the ones at a table so much, though I do think tea-party is one of the worst pretends of all time. Apart from pretend hoover or pretend ironing, which would kill me. I did take part in her 'Rumble in the Jungle' obstacle course with more enthusiasm though, but not the slide bit.
H came to do yoga with F this morning, for the first time in 6 weeks or so I guess. I wasn't sure how it would go as F is a bit ambivalent about yoga these days, but she concentrated beautifully and really did so well.
I think she is in another growth spurt, or it may just have finished, as her balance when walking has become quite wobbly again. Nevertheless her yoga balances, staying still, she did really well.
Also her hands and arm positions - very symmetrical and she is generally using her right hand quite a bit now.
I sorted out the paper/pictures shelf unit thing, which was good, chucked stuff and moved stuff and filed stuff, so it's a bit emptier and a bit neater, for a while anyway.
She made a map of the world on 5 pages - I think each one is a continent, using the Leap Globe and a map that I had found while sorting.
Other than that she watched Go Diego Go and Shaun the Sheep and we all watched The Panic Room, which I'd recorded yesterday, because it included a woman who had button phobia, like F, so that was interesting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - love the bit about the moon and the Cheshire cat - will think of that when looking at the new moon now :) It's now past half and looking all mist surrounded tonight.

a said...

I liked that too - she surprised me with that one

Allie said...

Keep meaning to pop in hear and say how much I loved that too. You have a very imaginative girl there.

Allie said...

Hear? Here! I should be asleep!

a said...

LOL yes you should have been!