Friday, April 20, 2007

Tuednersday

I read to F:
several chapters from The Incredible Journey and her current My Secret Unicorn book; various small bits of writing encountered here and there.

I wrote for F:
phone numbers of my mum and my mobile; the words 'squazzil' and 'syrupent'; the start of her version of The Incredible Journey.

We enjoyed:
dancing around F's room with her to 'Blame it on the Boogie' - she was surprised and slightly cross that I knew the words to the chorus; Dozy Mog's attempts to tell Knock Knock jokes - he doesn't really 'get it'; big cuddles; Bamzooki; making a fairy together.

F XBoxed:
Barbie Horse Adventure, doing the clock races

F played:
a flying ninja game with Dozy Mog and Fuzzy Mog; a similar Superman game involving various leaping and landing demonstrations; a shark-in-basin game; all sorts of games with grandma, some involving secret agents I think;

We had a visit from:
my mum

F ate:
jam heart tart sandwiches, strawberries, risotto, a sandwich she made herself with houmous, avocado and sweetcorn

We talked about:
a woodlouse - how many legs, what it eats, etc. (again!); what fathers are all about; last year's day out at Springwatch event - she remembers it as a golden day of delights and was eulogizing it (me? - not so much!); what it is like for people who have no arms or legs but still manage to do lots of things; how some bits of our bodies are private/personal - her word was 'untouchable';

F watched:
Dot and Spot, The Incredible Journey, Bamzooki, The Little Mermaid features, My Neighbour Totoro and The Cat Returns

F made:
lots of phone calls to my mobile and to her grandma Joy - she's really into using the phone at the moment; jam tart sandwiches with grandma and then again with me and finally by herself producing a really perfect one completely independently - she had had a cunning plan, decided the night before, of adapting from a half-craft/half-recipe fairy themed book she has; a phone book with people's names, places they live, map and phone number; a fairy, which I did more of than I should have done.

And today I finished a huge job on time and am looking forward to a weekend of relaxation.

No comments: