Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Quick catch-up

F has:
been listening to her new Disney Princess singalong CD
had her colour-change clock plugged in in her room instead of her star light
done rubbings of a 2p coin at MMs group yesterday and proclaimed it as a magically appearing 'Royal Bathmat'
interrogated me about my belief in 'The Royal Bathmat' and urged me to 'believe, in your heart' and then made it appear
waved a pointed finger over me, which apparently is a way to 'protect your family'
snuggled with me listening to Winnie The Pooh and giggling after I came back from writing group last night
made woodlouse houses in the garden
done lots of parenting of the two toy cats, who apparently accompanied us yesterday to group and back but in imaginary form and hiding from us as 'secret agents' or 'secret spies' - she kept up a running commentary of where they were, usually up high in trees or on rooves, while we were on our way back
been eating quite a lot and sleeping a little erratically, so I think she might be growing again
run around with S and D at group and played with a ball

I have:
done a medium job for my main agent as an urgent rush job when she was let down by another translator, which meant working through the night till 4am, Monday morning, for the second time in 4 days - not recommended
despite this, managed to get us back to Monday group for first time in weeks and weeks, which was good
also despite this, managed to get to writing group for first time in ages too, which was really helpful as I suddenly had a breakthrough with an awkward plot development
done other stuff I can't remember

J has:
finished reading My Secret Unicorn - Moonlight Journey - to F
sung along bravely to F's Disney Princess songs by the light of a torch
bought some compost

3 comments:

alison said...

I used to love doing coin rubbings when I was F's age. I made myself an official name-changing certificate with a rubbing of a 10p and a couple of greenshield stamps.

Do you think J could sing his Disney Princess songs at the Kessingland camp cabaret? ;-)

a said...

Would he get an official certificate for it?
And what were you changing your name to? What's wrong with Alison eh?
Her difficult hand makes coin rubbings a bit tricky to be honest, but she had a good go.

alison said...

I'd certainly make him a certificate! It would be really good, tell him :)

And I changed my name (not that any of my family ever went along with it - haters) to Ming. I have no idea where I got that from, I don't think it was Flash Gordon! And then 12 years ago when I got my first cat of my own, that what I called her. (Jeez, that's a bit shocking, realising Ming - who now lives with my parents and is the cleverest cat in the world and can tell the time and everything - is 12.)